Saturday, August 15, 2009

Final Day 242 - Unibroue 17



Unibroue - Unibroue 17
Chambly, Québec (CANADA)
ABV 10.0% Calories 280*


I visited mom today, it is her birthday and I sat there with her having a nice long conversation. We discussed a variety of topics from Taiwan's typhoon tragedy, to selling my house in Horseheads, NY. I let her know that she is going to be a grandmother again and that it is going to be another grandson! She was very excited and it was just nice to sit there under the sun and breath in all of her words of wisdom. She told me how lucky I am to have such a loving wife who supports me in whatever endeavour I choose. Like usual she suggested that I take initiative and prepare for the future with all my mind, body, and soul. I told her about my career, my life in general, and all my worries but she reassured me that all I needed to do, was to prepare now to ensure the I continue on the right path. She did laugh at me, unnecessarily, for still partaking in such immature games such as drinking a beer every day for 365-days. 'How is this suppose to prepare you to be a father', 'how does this bring you health, happiness, and growth'? I told her that sometime, the happiest part of my day is to relax and drink my beer (especially if it is one I know I will like); but after some contemplation she is right, the only growth I see is around my waist and on the scale. She tells me to stop playing stupid games and to focus on what is important. She tells me that I have become complacent in life and that I should break out of this cycle and try something new - the beer may make you happy and it may be fun, but it doesn't help you in preparing for the future. My mom is right as usual.

I don't know who follows this blog but I have mustered up the courage and will take my mom's advice and quit my quest for One-A-Day. I would still love to drink 365 beers and I will continue this blog until I do so, but it may take more than the original 365 days, it may take twice as long. I may miss my beers but I need to switch gears and try some new things. I want to go back to my mom next year and wow her with all my improvements, accomplishments, and growth. I can't be wallowing in mediocrity anymore. Next year mom, I'll have much more to tell you.

My last official beer in my One-A-Day run; I'm cracking open Unibroue's 17th Anniversary Ale to celebrate my mom's birthday. It is actually a very strong Dark Belgian beer - much too strong for my liking but still a very good beer if you can get your hands on one. I do have more beers in stock but I will take my time to enjoy them, love you mom.

*estimated

4 comments:

  1. cool project, have enjoyed reading your commentary! good luck on the next endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like Mom guilt to ruin a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were doing an amazing thing. Beer lovers read your shit. Now its all shit because mommy doesn't aprove. Fuck you in your wanna-be endevor.. mommy is wrong. Go fuck your mother, but have a good beer in your hand while you're doing her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juat read your blog for the first time. You have a great idea. Would like to try it myself.
    Paul

    ReplyDelete