Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Day 134 - Trader Joe's 2008 Vintage Ale



Unibroue - Trader Joe's 2008 Vintage Ale
Chambly, Québec (CANADA)
ABV 9.0% Calories 225*

I have two beers left in stock, and those two I'm saving for a rainy day - so that means I have to go on a beer run tomorrow - it's been quite some time since I went beer shopping so I'm pretty excited. I've also been saving this 'Trader Joe's' beer for quite some time. Unibroue (one of my favorite breweries so far) brews this once a year for Trader Joe's and it is exceptional, like the rest of the Unibroue beers. It has a clear Belgian influence and it goes down with a fruit-ish smokey blend. I drank the whole 750ml in one sitting. Supposedly this ages well so next time I'm at my local Trader Joe's, I may pick one up and stash it away for another rainy day.

*estimated

No comments:

Post a Comment