Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 21 - Lost Coast Great White



Lost Coast Brewery - Great White
Eureka, CA (USA)
ABV 4.8% Calories 160*


This is the first time I've had any of the Lost Coast brews; they actually have a restaurant up in Humboldt County near the 'Lost Coast' that I would love to visit. The Great White is obviously a 'white' beer; it smells sweet but actually is more bitter with only a subtle hint of sweetness. It reminds me of a Blue Moon or a sugarless Hoegaarden. I do look forward to some of Lost Coast's other micro-brews. Happy New Year once again!

*estimated

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice surfer beer. Good to drink as you watch the tide roll back out and wash the salt from your mouth =).

    Have you tried Stone brewery beers? Good stuff and the brewery is much closer than Humboldt. You could probably hit it up for a 365 special, just pack me one back whenever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe I've had a Stone yet; but do have the IPA in queue. Escondido isn't far at all and I will definitely find a day to make a trip out there - bring back a few growlers! Thank you for the insight.

    ReplyDelete