Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 47 - Tiger Beer



Asia Pacific Breweries - Tiger Beer
???, ??? (SINGAPORE) - Tiger is brewed in 1 of 7 breweries in Asia
ABV 5.0% Calories 132


Tiger Beer is only 1 of about 120 different beers brewed by the big beer conglomerate; Asia Pacific Breweries. It actually runs 30 different breweries in 12 countries. However, after having quite a few Asian beers (and several more in queue) I've finally come to the conclusion that they all taste the same. If there are 120 beers coming out of 30 breweries there has to be some overlap somewhere. Don't get me wrong, Tiger is fresh, crisp and easy to drink - I just wait for the day some Asian brewery pumps out an IPA.

1 comment:

  1. Really? You liked Tiger? I think you might be mistaken about how APB works though. They don't brew many of the beers they distribute. They actually are based out of Malaysia from what I understand, and own a few small breweries in Singapore such as Archipelago. Their one true beer that they brew is Tiger, and I always felt it was rather crisp, but also has a harsh aftertaste.

    I grew to like Tiger more as I was in Singapore, and I definitely apprciated it over all the other SE Asia beers that were always crap like Singha, Changi, San Miguel which all taste watered down to me.

    Over all, I think it's not a bad beer, but there are definitely other lagers that I would rather drink at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete