Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 141 - Affligem Blond



Brouwerij De Smedt - Affligem Blond
Opwijk, Belgium (BELGIUM)
ABV 7.0% Calories 180*


On a completely random side note; I had two casualties this week - both very unexpected and sudden. Out of 40+ different beers, two of them were Erdingers - earlier this week I found one of the Erdingers cracked and beer spilt all over the pantry (where I keep all my beer). Today, after doing a little cleaning, I put a broom back in the pantry and top tip of the broom clipped and literally exploded another beer. Randomly it was the second Erdinger out of the group. Eerie - I think I will stay away from Erdingers from now.

Back to the Affligem; another Belgium blond; twice as cheap and twice as GOOD as yesterday's La Divine. Less sweet, more bitter with a mouthful of yeasty goodness. I still prefer the Chimay, but at $1.89, a nice cheap Belgium alternative.

*estimated

No comments:

Post a Comment