Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 186 - Samuel Adams Summer Ale



Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) - Sam Adams Summer Ale
Boston, MA (USA)
ABV 5.2% Calories 150


I think I came into this 2nd round of Sam Adams with expectations too high. After over 150 beers in between I still held Sam Adams in very high regard (due in part to the Boston Lager) but after yet another mediocre Sam Adams beer I'm beginning to think that my fear of Sam Adams being a 'one-and-done' brewery is becoming reality. Other than Boston Lager all these other beers are C, and at best B beers. I'm starting to lump Sam Adams with the mega-breweries, great advertising, great distribution - but lacking the real uniqueness and qualities of a craft/micro-brewery. Sorry Sam, you've slowly shot yourself off my pedestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment