Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 193 - Boreale Rousse



Brasseurs Du Nord - Boreale Rousse
Blainville, Quebec (CANADA)
ABV 5.0% Calories 160*


This is suppose to be Quebec's first red beer similar to the American Amber; it actually tasted great with my grilled steak. I'm wondering if beer just tastes better when you're on the road and when you are eating steak. I also love the polar bear mascot - there were several advertisements I saw, one of them was the polar bear as 'Venus' in Botticelli's "Birth of Venus". There were many more iterations from this brewery but I just couldn't fit them into my luggage or I would have brought home many many more polar bears. I actually had several more beers at a very lovely wedding in the evening; mostly Boston Lagers.

*estimated

2 comments:

  1. "There were many more iterations from this brewery but I just couldn't fit them into my luggage or I would have brought home many many more polar bears."

    The Rousse (red) is their best offering. It's exceptionally good. Others are fine, except the white, which is a bit weak, especially in comparison to other local whites like Blanche du Cheval Blanc or Blanche de Chambly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is really an amazing and attractive post about beer brewery. I appreciate your posted wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing such an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete