Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 103 - Chimay Ale (Blue Label)



Bières de Chimay - Chimay Ale (Blue Label)
Chimay, Belgium (BELGIUM)
ABV 9.0% Calories 180*


This Blue Label (Grand Reserve) is a strong dark Belgian beer and it is very good. I would give this one first place out of the 3 Chimay's. Interesting how 'Blue' always signifies the best - like the 1st place blue ribbons or Johnny Walker's 'Blue' Label. This Chimay has the strongest alcohol content out of the three and you can really taste it between the sweet and bitter notes. I enjoyed every last drop.

*estimated

1 comment:

  1. I just purchased a 4 pack of the Blue lable at a new place here where you can buy a mix or match carrier. I thought $21. was a great deal for the four 11.2 Oz. bottles. As I am engoying the 1st one as I am typing this, I have a data base of beers and this one moves in just in front of Dogfish Midas Touch.

    ReplyDelete