Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 54 - Lost Coast Downtown Brown



Lost Coast Brewery - Downtown Brown
Eureka, CA (USA)
ABV 5.0% Calories 160*


I'm on a roll - that is 4 days of good beers. This is another Lost Coast beer - and my first time drinking the Downtown Brown. Based on the name I would have thought that this would be another heavy, full-bodied beer but to my surprise it is fairly light and has a nice sweet entry and enough flavor to make me smile. I probably prefer this one over the Great White.

*estimated

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing DTB. I invented DTB to go with pizza. I always desired an easy drinking beer with flavor to go with pizza. At the time there was only Michelob and Lowenbrau dark on the market. They were flavored with food coloring. I’d order a brown beer with my pizza and always be disappointed. So DTB is what it is. It’s not an American Brown which came along long after DTB was developed back in the 80’s. Unfortunately people judge it as an American Brown and are disappointed by it. But I’ll stand by my old brown because I still like drinking it with pizza.
    I enjoy your blog,
    Barbara Groom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the note. I actually like the DTB and will try it with pizza next time. I'm looking forward to my next beer run to see if I can pick up a few more beers from your brewery and if I ever make up that north, I'll have to stop in for a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for brown beer and porter ... going to go get one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down Town Brown I always come back to it not very many beers as pleasing as this one

    ReplyDelete