Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 64 - Yebisu



Sapporo Brewery - Yebisu
Ebisu, Tokyo (JAPAN)
ABV 5.0% Calories 140


I'll be out of town this weekend so I'm 'cheating' a little. It's technically past midnight so this Yebisu is my Friday beer (although I'm sure I'll be having more tomorrow night in Dallas). The Yebisu is another Asian brew; it is suppose to be the premium beer brewed by Sapparo and is a 100% malt beer. Yebisu is one of the oldest beers from Japan and depicts the God Yebisu (Ebisu), the God of fishermen, merchants, and good luck. The beer itself is smooth with a honey-like after taste; although not close to being a favorite, it is one of the better Asian beers.

On a different but interesting note, Sapporo Brewery actually owns the Canadian company that brews Unibroue!

No comments:

Post a Comment