Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 60 - Unibroue Maudite



Unibroue - Maudite
Chambly, Québec (CANADA)
ABV 8.0% Calories 208


When I purchased this 4 beer taster set from Unibroue, I didn't know what to expect - I've never heard of this brewery but thought the bottle art was too artsy fartsy. I just read that most of Unibroue's beers (including the 4 in this set) are bottled "on the lees", or containing yeast sediment, which allows it to age (I may have to stock up on some more after drinking this Maudite). Modeled after Belgian beers the Maudite is actually a redder, stronger, version of the Hoegaarden - and just as tasty and sweet. Out of the current 60, this would have to be in my top 5! The only question I have is the name of this beer: Maudite translates to 'Damned', which doesn't make sense since this is clearly a slice of heaven. I'm looking forward to drinking the remaining 3 Unibroue brews in succession.

No comments:

Post a Comment