Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 209 - Chang Beer



ThaiBev - Chang Beer
Bangkok, Thailand (Thailand)
ABV 5.0% Calories 150*


I had quite a good time drinking this and other Thai beers in Phuket many years ago. I remember meeting a couple from Holland and had a night to remember... or forget. What is interesting is that Chang Beer is 5% ABV here in the US but is brewed with rice in Thailand at 6.4%; maybe that is why I had such a good time wandering the streets of Patong. Actually, this is a great 'Asian' beer - in my book it ranks up there with Taiwan Beer as best beers to drink 'till you drop.

*estimated

2 comments:

  1. Loving the drink a different beer every day theme! I'm a fan of Chang Beer, mostly because you never really now what it's gonna do to you. Sometimes it seems like the strongest beer ever and other times you can have a few big Chang's and are still ok to drive home on your motorbike:)

    Just read a review at a different site that was a complete joke. Don't know why people review things if they don't have a clue.

    Cheers,

    Drink up!

    KJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for explaining the domestic Chang beer difference. I wondered why I enjoyed Chang in Thailand better than here in the US; now I know it's because it's stronger there!

    ReplyDelete