Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 221 - He'Brew Messiah Bold



Schmaltz Brewing Company - He'Brew Genesis Ale
Saratoga Springs, NY (USA)
ABV 5.6% Calories 160*


I ate an an Asian Buffet earlier this evening and am still up to the throat in fullness. Almost wanted to skip my beer but decided to pound one down and head to bed; should have chosen something lighter. This Messiah Bold has 'bold' flavors, it says it is a dark brown ale but it almost tastes like Red Rocket Ale from a few days earlier; a little less hoppy but similar tastes. Now I'm super bloated, no wonder I'm gaining the pounds... buffet and beer doesn't spell weight loss.

*estimated

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jack. This is Zak Davis from Shmaltz Brewing Company. I'm proud of you for sticking to your commitment even after that gut bomb buffet. Thanks for including us again in your one-a-day challenge. L'Chaim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zak,
    Thanks for the comment. I'll definitely try to find more of your beers at my local store. The Coney Island beers look very interesting; can I find these out in Southern CA (at my local BevMo?). Cheers.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zak -- proud to say that I met you in Central New Jersey in 2004 (or was it 2003?) at a brewpub -- you gave a great speech to the home brew club. Since then, I've lived in the Midwest, the South, and now the Pacific Northwest. Your beers are great, man! Love the stout. And I still have met few individuals who share the same distorted sense of humor, politics, and irreverence as you and I. You are a kindred brewer, Zak, Brother -- Keep doing your thing and working our magic!

    ReplyDelete