Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 216 - Racer 5 IPA



Bear Republic Brewing - Racer 5 IPA
Healdsburg, CA (USA)
ABV 7.0% Calories 200*


I wonder if the owner/brewer of Bear Repbulic is a Cal alum; the brewery is north of San Francisco, almost near Mendocino County were all the pot heads are - sounds like a Cal grad to me. This Racer 5 is pretty darn good; one of the better beers I've had in a long time. Very hoppy with strong, bold flavors that tingle your taste buds. I've had beers from almost every part of the world but it all comes back to the West Coast IPA's; something about these new age brews that make me smile and want more. Can't wait until these 365 days are over; so I can just go out and buy the beers that I like. This will definitely be on my list.

*estimated

2 comments:

  1. This is a good one - punchy, but not dirty-tasting like many similar hard-hitters. And yes, California is a good place. Cheers to the blog. Tell your mother that a successful 47-year-old father of 3 says you're doing the right thing here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my all time favorite IPA, Racer 5 is a nice smooth hoppy IPA, just the right blend. I've been to their Restaurant twice. There is a great Beer in the Plaza festival in their town every fall, big beer fest - lots of good beers (mostly west coast), food & fun people.
    All this from a east coaster, thankfully their brews are available on tap in my town. Well maybe not, taht would give me an excuse to visit the Bear Republic more often.

    BTW - I applaud you for pulling this off, I'd love to try it sometime, but, 1st I've gotta drop some pounds to make room for the calories.

    ReplyDelete